Phiona has been with the firm since 2015. She is an Associate of the firm and her main areas of practice include oil and gas, Taxation, Commercial law practice.
Key Areas of Practice
- Energy, Infrastructure and Natural Resources
- Corporate Commercial
- Banking, Finance and Conveyancing
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- She was part of the Energy, Infrastructure and Projects department at OSH Advocates and has advised on various energy-related issues such as oil waste management and disposal.
- Phiona also has a bias for Taxation and has dealt with local and international clients by assisting them with their individual tax compliance obligations, including preparing of individual tax computations and returns, and correspondence with the respective tax authorities.
- In addition, she has also been involved in the setup of local and foreign companies in Uganda and has not only advised on the tax-related issues but Corporate governance matters amongst other roles.
- Phiona is part of the team that is advising on the set up of the very first sole Islamic bank in Uganda which role entailed crafting a legal opinion on the regulatory framework of Islamic banking in Uganda, regulatory approvals to be obtained from the Central bank and the procedural aspects involved.
- Phiona also undertakes legal advisory for a number of clients for employment matters, contract reviewing and negotiating, reviewing human resource policies and manuals etc.
- Coventry – LLB
- NTU – Diploma Legal Practice
- ABN – LLM, Oil & Gas,
- EAST – Diploma in Taxation, Revenue & Administration
- LDC – Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice