Nathan Osinde is the Managing Partner in the firm and a member of the firm’s banking and financial institutions practices. He is the head of the Firm’s banking and financial institutions practice. His work involves advising lenders and borrowers in regard to a variety of debt financing transactions including asset-based loans, commercial lending transactions, debtor in possession, exit financing, acquisition finance, secured and unsecured loan transactions
Nathan is a leading commercial practice litigator in matters involving Bank recoveries, commercial arbitration, and litigation. He has handled a number of bank transactional documentation involving our banking clients on both the lender and borrower sides. His work involves structuring and negotiation of transactions and other matters, including but not limited to loan and security documentation, security perfection, borrower due diligence.
He has also defended borrowers in a number of recoveries, initiated and handled bank debt restructuring for clients, and negotiated settlements. Nathan has led teams on a number of transactions in banking, commercial and criminal litigation. He handles both international lender and Ugandan
financial institutions. Nathan is member of the Uganda Law Society and the East African Law
- Loan and security documentation for international lenders for financing transactions in Uganda. Assists client in borrower due diligence, loan and security documentation, legal opinions on various financing transactions, security perfection and or registration.
- Restructuring and debt recovery for the company with bad loans securitized by the Bank of Uganda from three defunct banks. Instructions involve restructuring debt repayments, attachment and disposal of securities, litigation to recover unpaid loan amounts.
- Corporate recovery of over UGX 5 billion through the disposal of mortgaged prime property.
- Acquisition of industrial property for the development of a Cement factory. Instruction involves negotiation with the landowners, controlling local government authority, National Environment Management Authority and residents to approve the anticipated industrial development.
- Corporate recovery from a major bank over a mismanaged property acquisition involving a major bank. Instructions involved litigation and ensuring that the process is accelerated to the satisfaction of the client.
- Bank foreclosure and possession and determination of legal questions to enable the bank to recover the outstanding loan amount. Instruction involves court litigation, taking possession and disposal of the property from a debtor in possession.
- Defense against Government seizure and property restriction arising from criminal proceedings instructions involving motions in court and shielding corporate and close persons’ properties from seizure and restrictions.
Key Areas of Practice
- Financial Institutions and Banking
- Commercial Practice
- Governmental Contracts
- White-Collar Defence