Joan is an experienced associate working in the firm’s Banking Practice. She has a wealth of knowledge and experience in undertaking litigation, advisory and transactional work for various financial institutions and business organizations in Uganda which entails entity set up, due diligence, compliance, risk, and regulation assessment, contract review and drafting, security perfection, loan recovery, and corporate/board affair management together with advisory services.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Corporate Commercial
- Conveyancing and Employment
- Real Estate
- Commercial transactions
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Being part of the banking team at the law firm involves offering legal advisory to the firm’s bank clients. This involves the perfection of securities, carrying out due diligence on transactions the bank is involved in with other stakeholders, review of contracts, verification of documents presented to the bank, and debt collection.
- Joan offers advisory services in employment law matters for companies which include drafting human resource policies, review of disciplinary codes and procedure, sexual harassment policies, and reviewing employee contracts in addition to contracts for independent contractors.
- Provide legal advice to both local and foreign companies in Uganda which entails advisory on setups and aspects like tax matters, investment, trade due diligence, acquisition of work permits, and the environment law issues.
- Participated in offering legal advice in negotiations between organizations facing international trade disputes in order to ensure risk management, limited liability
- Being part of the litigation team has exposed Joan to vast experience in handling litigation matters arising from local and foreign commercial transactions, real estate transactions, employment issues, and corporate and commercial matters.
- Uganda Christian University – Bachelors Degree in Law
- Law Development Centre – Post Graduate Diploma in legal practice-