Jennifer is an Associate in the fi m’s Litigation and Banking Practice. As a licensed advocate, Jennifer has attained experience in representing several clients’ interests in civil, land, family, employment, banking, immigration, and corporate secretarial and advisory works.
Key Areas of Practice
- Banking, Finance and Conveyancing
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate
- Regulatory Compliance & Licensing
- Part of the team which participated in carrying out due diligence study for the acquisition of Engen Petroleum Company by Oryx Energies in Uganda where she gained vast experience in the area of acquisition.
- Part of a team which carried out due diligence studies for Uganda Development Bank Ltd on how to mitigate pre- and post -lending risks. This exercise exposed Jennifer to immense experience in areas of securities perfection and risk management in the areas of lending.
- Together with the economic crimes department of Kibuli, Jennifer and a team of fraud investigators carried out investigations of fraud and corruption amongst top management of one of the top financial institutions within the country. This exposed her to vast experience in areas of fraud detection and prevention in companies.
- Jennifer also has experience in dispute resolution in land matters, especially where wrangles arise between squatters and the registered owners of the land. This mostly centered on the computation of compensation of the affected parties.
- Over the years, Jennifer has attained experience in areas of domestic relations especially in complicated areas of acquiring letters of administration for several families. Jennifer has also attained experience in divorce settlements especially regarding the sharing of property acquired before and after the marriage of the petitioners.
- Jennifer also has a lot of experience in matters of company incorporation and registration including both local and foreign companies in Uganda and this involves advising on a number of setting up structures and aspects like tax matters, investment, trade, acquisition of work permits and environmental law issues such as Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Law Development Centre – Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice,
- Makerere University – LLB (Hons),