Hillary is an Associate at the Firm, previously he was an Associate with different reputable law firms in Kampala where he gained key experience in various aspects of the law and practice with a bias towards Corporate and Commercial transactions, Law and Technology, Intellectual Property, and litigation. He has interned with the High Court of Uganda (Land Division) where he gained abroad understanding of the Judicial system in Uganda which has helped him in handling Litigation matters. He has also interned with JS Mayanja Nkangi & Co Advocates one of the oldest firms in the country.
Hillary is an Advocate of the High Court of Uganda, a member of the Uganda Law Society and the East African Law Society, As a licensed advocate of the High courts of Uganda and all courts subordinate thereto, he has attained experience in various forms of dispute resolution in the fields of pension, energy, real estate, contract, sale of goods, Insurance, Elections among others through Arbitration, Mediation and Litigation throughout Uganda, Currently, Hillary is part of the litigation department at OSH advocates where he represents several clients’ interests in Courts of Judicature, Tribunals etc.
Areas of Practice
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Corporate and Commercial transactions
- Intellectual Property
- Employment Law
- Law and Technology
- Intellectual property
- Land transactions
- Arbitration and mediation
- Makerere University – Bachelors Degree in Law
- Law Development Centre – Post Graduate Diploma in legal practice
- Hillary has handled various contentious and non-contentious matters across all fields of law such as ordinary suits in the recovery of insurance claims, land, damages in fraud and breach of contract claims, constitutional petitions on enforcement of human rights, claims by way of judicial review, settlement of family and domestic matters, registration of marriages and adoptions involving issues of domicile.
- Hillary was part of the team that rendered legal advice to one of the leading passenger transport service companies in Uganda. The brief entails the formulation of legal opinions on various management contracts, private, equity and mergers with individuals and/or companies, negotiating and preparation of various transaction documents, as well handling all sorts of dispute resolution
through mediation, arbitration, and litigation.
- Hillary has been at the forefront of formulating and registering many software companies that seek to maximize the benefits of the internet in providing saloon services to their target clients in Uganda and abroad, such services are coupled with safeguarding their intellectual property.