OSH has an extensive experience and industry insight in virtually every area of practice. We combine legal and sector expertise with an understanding of our clients’ business needs by providing strategic advice that maximizes project value and mitigates risk.
We highlight below a few of the recent matters which we have been involved:-
- OSH was one of the transactional advisors for the acquisition of water use right for irrigation on Sugar cane plantation in Northern Uganda.
- OSH advised Allways Environment Limited on the transportation, management and treatment of legacy solid oil wastes in the Albertine Region.
- Transactional work on the acquisition and development of Inland cargo terminal in the Kampala Industrial park at Namanve to support the intended inland port at Bukasa on the shores of Lake Victoria.
- Legal advisory on the technical bid and procurement hearings for the design, develop, install and manage an intelligent Telecommunication Network monitoring Solution (INMS) under the Build Operate arrangement in Uganda.
- Advisory on National Insurance Pension scheme.
- Transactional advisory and due diligence in the funding of USD 60 Million design, manufacture, delivery, erection, supervision, test and commission of a 1650 Complete Sugar plant with 50 TPH Boiler and 6MW power Generation and expandable to 3500 TCD.
- Loan and security documentation for international lender for financing transactions in Uganda. Assists client in borrower due diligence, loan and security documentation, legal opinions on various financing transactions, security perfection and or registration.
- Restructuring and debt recovery for companies with bad loans securitised by the Bank of Uganda from three defunct banks. Instructions involve restructuring debt repayments, attachment and disposal of securities, litigation to recover unpaid loan amounts.
- Corporate recovery of over UGX 5 billion through disposal of mortgaged prime property.
- Acquisition of industrial property for the development of a Cement factory. Instruction involve negotiation with the land owners, controlling local government authority, National Environment Management Authority and residents to approve the anticipated industrial development.
- Corporate recovery from a major bank over a mismanaged property acquisition involving a major bank. Instructions involved litigation and ensuring that the process is accelerated to the satisfaction of the client.
- Bank foreclosure and possession and determination of legal questions to enable the bank recover outstanding loan amount. Instruction involves court litigation, taking possession and disposal of the property from a debtor in possession.
- Defence against Government seizure and property restriction arising from criminal proceedings instructions
involving motions in court and shielding corporate and close persons’ properties from seizure and restrictions.